Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

( SWAP FAILURE

Sophia
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
CHi I recently changed from O2 PAYG to a pay monthly contract and wished to keep my old O2 PAYG number so when I received the new SIM I followed the SIM SWAP instructions. I have previously done this without problem. However this time when my old SIM went off and I changed the SIMS over although the new SIM was working on the correct tariff the mobile number did not swap over and I’m stuck with the assigned number to the new SIM. I need old number for business desperately and cannot get through to O2 since this happened around the same time as we locked down in U.K. i have the old SIM SERIAL NUMBER still but of course it isn’t working anymore to retrace steps as set out in SIM SWAP
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Sean
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 148 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Hi @Sophia ,

When did you do this as sim swaps are taking much longer due to the current issues facing Uk networks.

signature
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Can you do a sim swap from pay as you go to pay monthly?
Thought you had to call to move your number from one type to another...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It should have been a call to O2 to migrate the number across.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5