cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM swap - different numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Pay as Go, new phone, had a SIM swap (different sizes), phone and text all working (apart from MMS, different post) but on the phone under my number, it shows the number that came with the new SIM, not my actual number.... is this a problem / normal  ??

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 shop said that some phones can be edited, but it seems that this one can't, he doesn't think its a issue

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using an iPhone? If so, go into your number then edit it, input your number then should be ok.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

no, Nokia 620, Windows 8

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Older Nokia's used to allow you to save your number in the sim menu settings, not sure about win 8 though....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 shop said that some phones can be edited, but it seems that this one can't, he doesn't think its a issue

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It won't stop anything working, it just depends if it bothers you or not.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6