Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card

DFaw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have ordered two sim only contract sims in the last 3 weeks and I am yet to be updated on my order. I cannot make calls or texts and I have no data. Can someone please help me as I have my fathers funeral to organise and I need to make calls.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

O2Faisal
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @DFaw Sorry to hear about that, as you have processed this, you would need to call the team to get them to resolve it over the phone. If you have a o2 mobile its 202 or 0344 809 0202 from a landline as we dont have access to customer accounts in this forum. Hopefully they can resolve this quickly for you.

signature
Message 2 of 9

DFaw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

This would work if the number works on pay as you go SIM cards. That number rings blank and I have no credit to call or text. Could someone at least give me a call? My dad passed on Saturday I’ve been trying to sort so much out but I have no calls or texts
Message 3 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi there @DFaw 

Sorry to hear your dilema and difficulties

and that you have no phone? at all.

I suppose you have looked at the alternatives

on an emergency basis, borrowing a phone etc.

I always have a PAYGO phone as a back up 

because it's at this kind of time that these things

happen.

I can only suggest a  paygo sim from Tesco or someone like that.

Good Luck and best wishes

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Marjo @Martin-O2 

Could you help urgently here please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@DFaw wrote:
Hi,

This would work if the number works on pay as you go SIM cards. That number rings blank and I have no credit to call or text. Could someone at least give me a call? My dad passed on Saturday I’ve been trying to sort so much out but I have no calls or texts

Ah, thats why, you moved from pay as you go to pay monthly, normally as soon as you place your pay monthly sim in the number should activate within a few mins up to 24 hrs, this involves turning the phone on and off every hour with the new sim in it. If it doesnt go live with your old number within 24hrs then the only way to have this resolved is to give the team a call from a landline on the number i provided. There isnt a way to speed this up unfortunately. To be on the safe side and taking into account the importance of the activation, give them a call to ensure that it has been processed from their side, rather than wait 24hrs then call and wait all over again. 

signature
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Yes that additional information certainly helped. upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You can use Skype to call the 0800 numbers in the link below.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 9

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @DFaw , sorry to hear about the difficult time you're having. 😞 Thanks everyone for the troubleshooting above and for tagging us in.

The Skype option might work as well - let us know if that's a possible option for you @DFaw ? I'm happy to check on our end in the meantime anyway in case we can get someone to help though, so I'm going to drop you a private message shortly to get a couple of additional details.

Message 9 of 9