Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robbed Blind

Grahamohara
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Traveling with work in India, i was in need to make a call and check some locations online whilst out of wifi, so i turned my roaming on and added the travel bolt on, didn't check if india was included, for a 10 minute call and almost zero date o2 now want almost £100 - i feel utterly and completely robbed, its beyond disgusting i cannot get over in words how angry i am, utterly enraged, id pay off my outstanding contract and leave if it meant 02 would learn something from it regardless of my financial loss- i want no ne else to be robbed blind like this, utterly disgraceful - if id brought a lebara sim for £15 you can roam in india with your uk number and use 10gb of data and have 200 mins a day - all inclusive! how can one of the uk's biggest networks treat customers like this in 2021?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Grahamohara 

You should have checked before travelling. The O2 travel Bolt on doesn't apply in India unfortunately. You pay international rates.

India travel.JPG

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad# 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Grahamohara 

You should have checked before travelling. The O2 travel Bolt on doesn't apply in India unfortunately. You pay international rates.

India travel.JPG

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad# 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Grahamohara 

I sorry to say you should have checked, and the onus is on you to do so.....  

Vodafone is one of the better options as they actually for now part own and run a network and it will cost you £6 a day to roam, hence Lebara can roam on Voda/Idea in India for free..... 

EE and Three charge near enough the same.....   

O2/Telefonica/VMo2 wont see you leaving as a financial hit as your ARPU is probably none existent...    Your work to be fair should be providing a sim and data plan if travelling to non eu locations... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Frankly, O2's roaming charges in India are nothing short of a disgrace, but as has been mentioned, they are on the website.

When I was there last, I got an Airtel SIM - the cost was negligible, you just need your passport, hotel address (business card will do), and about half an hour for all the paperwork that Indians seem to love so very much.

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 4 of 6

Andy7856
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be fair you have not been robbed, you have been charged in line with the advertised rates.  

Sounds like you have found a cost saving solution for your next trip mind.  Will work not contribute to the bill, for example my employer allows £5 a day for  calls, newspapers on top of the existing travel policy amounts.

Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22944 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Grahamohara The charges are clearly posted on O2's site. If you failed to check what they were, why is that O2's fault?

This is what Vodafone charges. India is in group D. £6/min Looks like you got off lightly.

Your Plan

A

B

C

D

Vodafone Basics Plans

Roaming not included

Pay monthly plan taken before 11 August 2021

£6

£6

Limited data Xtra plan with 4 Xtra benefits

£6

£6

Unlimited data Xtra plan with 4 Xtra benefits

£6

Pay monthly plans taken from 11 August 2021 aside from those with 4 Xtra benefits and Vodafone Basics

£2

£6

£6

Unlimited Max plan taken between 12 July 2019 and 14 June 2021

£6

Red Entertainment Plan taken between 4 September 2018 and 11 July 2019

£6

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6