cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning an upgrade with Carphone Warehouse

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone ever returned a phone they got as part of an upgrade from Carphone Warehouse? I recently upgraded my O2 contract with CPW to get the iPhone 5, but had to return it when I found out only contracts bought/upgraded through the O2 store could have the Friends & Family discount applied.

10 days on, my contract still hasn't been restored to its previous state and they haven't refunded the fee I paid for the handset. Their Twitter team tells me it only takes a few days from when they have received the handset, and that I must wait for O2 to action their request to revert my contract. But given I haven't received the refund either, I think the problem is clearly with them. 

I'm needing them to hurry up so I can upgrade again, through the O2 store instead! Not only that, but my current phone is seemingly devaluing by the day, and the quote I have from O2 Recycle (the best quote I got) runs out on Saturday! It's devalued by £20 since! 😞

And then I'm paying for a contract at full rate in the mean time, which I don't like either! 😞 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone O2 recycle and ask them to hold the quote for a further 7 days. Should give you a bit of breathing space!

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in virtually the exact same postion, albeit my reason for return is different.

I am now at the mercy of Carphone Warehouse and feel really let down by O2.
Message 3 of 3