cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of an Upgrade - How Long does it take?

Precious175
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've ordered an upgrade online, and accidentally clicked the wrong model and didn't realise until I've ordered and got the confirmation email, I immediatly phoned back and I was told it was too late to cancel the order, I have to wait till it arrives and send it back. So I've asked the store (Click and Collect) to return it whenever they recieve it, and I believe they have simply refused delivery and on my tracking data it shows as "returned to sender".

I've been told it should take no more than 5 days to proccess it, but it's been 5 days and I recieved no information whatsoever, my online account still says im on that phone. So I've phoned 202 and asked what's happening and I've been told that after 5 days the phone gets picked up by Royal Mail and then returned to the O2 return department for checking if I done anything to the phone. The lady I spoke to asked me to give it a few more days for the royal mail to deliver it and then for it to get checked and my account updated.

1 - why is royal mail collecting it if the delivery company returned it to the original sender after refusing delivery? Unless it was returned to some box waiting to be collected.

2 - Should I just wait? I'm worried that if I give it another few days it will turn into a week any my 14 days cooling off policy will be up. They just don't seem that much in a hurry about this. I would also like to upgrade my phone to a better one as I'm going for a holiday soon.

Should I go into a store and ask them to contact 202 as maybe they will be taken more promptly than myself?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 15

Precious175
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apparently the lady read the thing wrong, it has been marked as returned but It will not let me upgrade for the 24 hours after it has been marked, (not sure when it was marked as returned exactly) so Ill try my luck tomorrow or on monday.

And I believe ill be going for the Huewei P20 Pro, had a hard decision between oneplus 6, samsung galaxy s9+ and the p20 Pro.

Message 12 of 15

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Precious175 wrote:

Apparently the lady read the thing wrong, it has been marked as returned but It will not let me upgrade for the 24 hours after it has been marked, (not sure when it was marked as returned exactly) so Ill try my luck tomorrow or on monday.

And I believe ill be going for the Huewei P20 Pro, had a hard decision between oneplus 6, samsung galaxy s9+ and the p20 Pro.

It's not really good enough. O2 make the simplest thing so difficult! 

Glad to see there were no Apple devices in your short list 😉

Message 13 of 15

Tsidkenu1es
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Wave @Precious175 I'm glad for you all is sorted out... Good mobile choice...!yahoo

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 14 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Enjoy your phone when you get it @Precious175 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket