cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Afternoon,

I am using this messaging service becasue I have made two visits to O2 shops, phoned the Customer Helpline from an O2 Shop, the O2 chat is busy and I can't resolve my problem.

I lost my phone on holiday last weekend. I picked up a replacement SIM from an O2 store on Thursday evening on my return to the UK. On putting the new SIM in my new phone it was showing a network and 3G connection, however I wasn't able to use the phone. Nearly 22 hours later (yesterday afternoon) I visited another O2 store where I was told that I would need to phone O2 to have the SIM unblocked. I did this from the store and it is now another 21 hours later and I still can't use my phone. So essentially I got a new SIM on Thursday and nearly 2 days later I still can't use my phone. This is highly frustrating having already been without a working phone for 5 days!

I don't have access to a working phone to call the helpline and as previosuly mentioned can't access chat on the O2 website as it's too busy, so can someone on here help me please?!?!?

Thanks and regards

Ross

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The lost/stolen bar is still obviously on the account so only customer service can remove it I'm afraid.

Try here : http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/chatnow

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The lost/stolen bar is still obviously on the account so only customer service can remove it I'm afraid.

Try here : http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/chatnow

Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

As a matter of interest where did you get your new phone from?

Edit... if the account is barred and you have no access to a working phone you may need to go back to the O2 shop to get the bar lifted..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's your account that is barred.
CS need to remove it. I've no idea why they didn't when they activated the new sim but obviously you got someone who couldn't be bothered or who isn't properly trained.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It's an old handset that I'm using, which I have from a previous O2 contract.

I went to the O2 shop yesterday afternoon and they told me to phone Customer Services from the shop to get the bar lifted on the SIM. I did this, but still no joy. I have just spoken to someone on-line and they have said they will again get the bar lifted. Potentially another 24 hours wait coming up.

Been a loyal O2 customer for way more than 10 years, but this is really testing my loyalty now.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Managed to speak to someone via that link. Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Make sure you ask them to lift the block on your account, not the sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello my names david gillings same number but two number left £13.00

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You should remove your personal details as this is a public forum, not CS so O2 will not respond to you.
I've asked a mod to remove details if you don't come back to this, but the contact details for CS are here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10