Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rediculous data usage

Chrisc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Having changed my tariff to the 2gb data tariff 3 weeks ago I’ve had nothing but issues and poor customer service with empty promises.
Prior to the Chang over my monthly average of usage was 600gb only. On the new 2gb allowance the data lasted two weeks. I added another fb bolt on and that lasted 3days. Another 500mb got me to today.
How on earth can this be correct ?
Same phone with no setting change and no change whatsoever in usage behaviour. Fobbed off at Customer Service. They had no answer. Finally they agreed to revert to old tariff. That was promised to take effect 3 days ago. Guess what ? Nothing happened. 10 years with O2 and disgusted.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Chrisc  Have you downloaded any new apps recently, or do you have Facebook running in the background? You'll have to speak to customer service again regarding going back to your old data plan. We are all customers here, and cannot help regarding account issues.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Chrisc  Have you downloaded any new apps recently, or do you have Facebook running in the background? You'll have to speak to customer service again regarding going back to your old data plan. We are all customers here, and cannot help regarding account issues.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Chrisc
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No new apps not sure about FB but if it is, it was before too !
When you say running in the background should I sign out every time I leave it ?
Message 3 of 8

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Chrisc  Facebook is a huge data hog, so the answer to your question is a definite yes. You should also turn off your mobile data in settings if you're not in need of it, and use WiFi whenever you can.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Chrisc
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks I’ll do that.
Just don’t understand how my data usage has gone from 600mb month to over 3GB since I changed tariff?
Seem nuts or a con ?
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Chrisc  I agree it does sound a little strange, as your habits haven't changed, but as said, speak to customer service again, or possibly call into an O2 store if you have one nearby, and hopefully someone can help you resolve this. If you do figure out what the problem is, please come back and let us know. Best of luck. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Have you looked on your phone to see what is using your data?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Have you looked on your phone to see what is using your data?

Do you have an iphone?

Message 8 of 8