Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently upgraded to a sim only deal, now can't make/receive calls or texts

Jimbowler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My contract runs out at the end of this month (November), and was offered a rolling contract for another 24 months. As i'm happy with my phone, i decided to go with a Sim only contract instead. So i upgraded to the sim only through the O2 app, and opted out of the rolling contract by texting Opt Out to 21332. I received confirmation e-mails to say my order has been received and is up and running, and the O2 app shows the new allowances, but i am unable to make or receive phone calls or texts. I chose the 'Keep Sim' option when ordering, so i would assume that the sim would be upgraded automatically.

When i try to make a phone call, i get the message "Not registered on Network". I have tried ringing the 0344 8090202 number but can't get passed the automated message to speak to a human, and with the Lockdown in effect, i can't go to my local O2 shop to speak to them.

I have tried switching the phone off and on again, and have removed and re-inserted the sim card, but nothing changes.

Any ideas???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Jimbowler 

Sounds like you'l need a new sim anway.

Try calling from any phone on these numbers Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2