cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving call when abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, if someone from the same network (O2) is abroad and calls me,do I also pay for the call or only the caller pays?

Regards,

Victoria.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Gratters
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK - so if someone calls from any other network to an o2 phone abroad - is the o2 person charged when they answer ? 

Reason being it's beginning to look like a lottery - the o2 person will have no idea when the caller number pops up on their screen, which network the caller is on

Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Makes no difference what network they are calling from.
You pay to receive a call when roaming outside of EU regardless.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

Gratters
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nearly there - my roaming is OFF as any sane person would do hen abroad, will I by charged when somone calls me from the UK ?

Message 23 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Roaming settings only apply to data use @Gratters 

It has no effect on calls, so the answer is yes, if you are anywhere outside of the EU.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 24