cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wifi/4g calling S7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello - I'm moving to a house with zero O2 signal at the weekend.  A few weeks ago I set up WiFi/4G calling with O2 however I don't have the WiFi calling option on my S7 handset.  After an hour on the phone with techies at O2 it seems that Samsung are issuing a software upgrade at some point in the future which will allow WiFi calling on the S7 on O2 purchased handsets, however the facility isn't available yet.  Martin, your comment would seem to contradict this - are you saying that my S7 should indeed have the WiFi/4G facility on the handset please?  Thank you.

Faz

Message 1 of 37
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous assuming you have an S7 purchased directly from O2 and you are running the latest firmware then the option for wifi calling should be available.

If you have a generic firmware (ie unbranded) then the options for 4G calling / wifi calling are currently disabled. O2 and other networks are looking at ways to enable these (apparently)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous assuming you have an S7 purchased directly from O2 and you are running the latest firmware then the option for wifi calling should be available.

If you have a generic firmware (ie unbranded) then the options for 4G calling / wifi calling are currently disabled. O2 and other networks are looking at ways to enable these (apparently)
Message 2 of 37

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@PhoneChanger Has summed up the situation perfectly @Anonymous Currently to use the wifi/4G calling feature you need a handset directly from O2 with the latest firmware. I take it you have gone through the entire setup process described above? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @PhoneChanger and @Martin-O2.  My handset came directly from O2 a few months ago; I'm not sure how I check the latest firmware, however my software update tab tells me I'm up to date, is this the same thing or is firmware different?  I spent a long time on the phone with an O2 techie a few weeks ago trying to resolve this and in the end she said it was down to Samsung needing to release another software update.

Any more ideas please?  

Message 4 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144538 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Just because it came from o2 doesn't mean it's got o2 software.
Dial *#1234# and quote your CSC please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - G930FXEU1DQD1

Does that help?  Thank you 🙂

Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Sorry - I forgot to tag you in my last message.

Message 7 of 37

MI5
  • 144538 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Yes it helps me but not you.
It is generic Samsung firmware so wifi calling won't work I'm afraid.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh no, @MI5 !!  Is there any solution at all? Or anything in the pipeline?  Living in a house with no O2 signal whatsoever 3 months into a 2 year contract and no wifi calling is hopeless 😞

Message 9 of 37

MI5
  • 144538 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
You could flash O2 firmware yourself.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 37