Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rcs messaging

Briankav
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just recently got a Huawei p30 pro and have a problem with the rcs messaging app. When I got the phone it came with a temporary number, I then ported the number I wanted to use. The problem I have is when I send a chat message with rcs its sending it from my temporary o2 number and not my actual number. If the app sends a SMS text it sends it from the correct number. Anyone had the same problem and got it fixed ?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It must be reading the number from the sim card. One solution is to put the sim into a phone where you can change the original number to your ported number.

Message 2 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Briankav  I don't have a phone with that facility, but I found this: https://www.androidauthority.com/need-know-rcs-messaging-726687/

According to the link, both the sender and the recipient must have rcs in order for it to work, so that may not include many of your contacts at this time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Briankav 

You'll need to re-register with your "new" phone number.

Once registered, the app remembers how it was setup.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 11

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Brainkav if you go into message settings your number is shown there which is being used for RCS messaging. I believe you can edit this
Message 5 of 11

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Briankav , how are you getting on at the moment? I'd love to hear if you managed to get RCS working on your phone? slight_smile

Thanks everyone for the troubleshooting above @jonsie , @Bambino , @MI5 , @PhoneChanger ! thumbsup

Message 6 of 11

Briankav
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've edited the number, still doesn't work
Message 7 of 11

Briankav
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any idea how to re register
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Probably by deleting the Gmessage app and clearing cache then reinstalling app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

Briankav
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the advice everyone. I ended up resetting my phone back to factory settings, took the sim card out, restarted phone then entered sim. The messaging app is now reading my correct number. I wasnt able to delete the app as it's the default messaging app so wouldn't let me. Not to worry, everything's fixed now

Message 10 of 11