cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about o2 Refresh Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi everyone,

i was thinking of upgrading my o2 refresh phone. the question i got is that i havent got a good credit history. so my partners mother got the phone for me and i changed the direct debit from her bank account to my bank account. when i do the upgrade and select the phone and tariff that i want. would there be a new credit check for the phone. if so would they do the credit check on myself or my partners mother.

please help and thanks

paul

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If the original account holder upgrades = No credit check.
If a new person applies for a contract = Credit check.
YOU cannot upgrade the account because it isn't your account (regardless of who pays the bills) as it is in someone else's name (who is also responsible for payments if you default).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
She would have to carry out the actual upgrade as you would be gaining credit by deception, however when she does, there is no credit check for upgrades.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah but would they do a credit check for the new phone on o2 refresh?

Message 3 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As above it depends on who applies for it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
If the original account holder upgrades = No credit check.
If a new person applies for a contract = Credit check.
YOU cannot upgrade the account because it isn't your account (regardless of who pays the bills) as it is in someone else's name (who is also responsible for payments if you default).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5