Did you mean: 

QR code and activation code

Damian94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I bought Galaxy Watch 3 LTE and when try to connect to network via phone my phone ask me for QR code or activation code. Where I can find codes, please.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144893 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Damian94 

You need to pop in store for an eSim pack which contains the QR code you need.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144893 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Damian94 

You need to pop in store for an eSim pack which contains the QR code you need.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Damian94
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for answer and info!

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144893 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144893 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
BTW, it's £5 a month and you need to ask for the watch data plan with 1gb of data.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Damian94
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update after three days trying to set up Samsung Gakaxy Watch 3 4G to O2 network: before buying Galaxy 3 4G watch I contact O2 via chat to confirm that watch working with O2 network. Advisor confirm it, and told me it will be without additional charge. Didn't told me nothing about eSIM and QR code. When I received info from this forum from is possible to have QR code I wisit Bristol Broadmed shop and ask shop team member for it and I told him that I need it for Samsung Galaxy watch. When O2 shop assistant set up eSim to my account also told me that it's for free. Than another shop assistant told to first that he is wrong and it will be extra charge £5 pm. I was confused!!! Two O2 team members and two different knowledge! Finally I agreed to aditional contract £5pm to have network live in my 4G watch. Shop assistant told me just scan QR code and my watch will be working with O2 network. After seting my watch to O2, watch's screen whows connection to O2 network ( my mobile was all time ON and connected to O2 ) but I can not do or receive any call or txt on my watch!!! I couple time set up watch and reset but never works!!! Next day I visit Samsung shop in Bristol and two Samsung's engineer close to one hour " fighting " with my watch to set up to O2 network and finally put hand up and told me only is possible to connect via Blutooth to phone to do call from watch! What is the point to have 4G watch and pay extra if it not working! Back home and start looking for any help or info online. I found very interesting movie on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqtDi1pXddc

finaly, there is confirmation from O2 advisor that Samsung Galaxy Watch doesn't working with O2 network!!!

And finaly my question: why other O2 advisors ( on line and in shop ) lied to me and confirm that this watch working with O2???

Currently, I spent over £ 400 for useles watch, because I can not cancel my O2 contract till November 2021 without extra fees!!! I have extra, not wanted now, additional contract/plan and can not remove it on-line from my O2 account! Try to call O2 on weekend! Good luck.

On youtube can find films how is easy and quick to set up Galaxy watch to EE network and usage is free of charge!

After over 12 years be O2 customer I am looking for other network provider, because O2 carrently is one big bull sh**t with useless advisors and shops assistants!!!

Bye!

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144893 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
See my answer in post #5 above.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Ossie1
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Taken from SAMSUNG web site:

Wi-Fi/LTE connection is required on Galaxy Watch3 and feature requires pairing with smartphone. Galaxy Watch3 4G connects exclusively on EE*, Vodafone** and O2***.

*** Standalone voice calling on 4G model requires an O2 PAYM plan with data subscription. Your Samsung smartphone must also logged into your Samsung account, be switched on and connected to the O2 network. You will use the allowance from your current PAYM or SIMO plan to call from your Samsung Watch. For initial set-up, wireless network and pairing with Samsung Galaxy smartphone 2019 and newer required.

Message 8 of 9

rozdop
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can we not get this online, I really don't want to go into town just for an OR code

Message 9 of 9