Did you mean: 

Problems with Google Pixel 7 phone data transfer

MrRichAllen1976
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Above.

I've plugged my phone into my PC (Ubuntu 22.04 Linux Desktop) via a USB data cable, and I get this message.

MrRichAllen1976_0-1729540609855.png

Is there a problem with the phone? It doesn't work on my other Ubuntu PC at my Parents' either, does the same thing/same error message.

I need to go to O2 tomorrow anyway to discuss another matter, should I ask them? If the Mods would like to move this to a tech support area, feel free.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8132 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

Are you using the correct type of USB lead that allows for data transfer. (not all do)?

What are your phones USB settings?

How to Configure Your Android's USB Connection:
  1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Choose Storage.
  3. Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
  4. Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it's not already selected.
This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149982 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28564 Solutions

and you've installed the correct drivers?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38860 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Is Android security getting in the way, preventing your Linux desktop from mounting and reading files on the Pixel?

Is the Pixel memory encrypted?

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8132 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

Are you using the correct type of USB lead that allows for data transfer. (not all do)?

What are your phones USB settings?

How to Configure Your Android's USB Connection:
  1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Choose Storage.
  3. Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
  4. Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it's not already selected.
This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4