Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my data usage

TEG3131
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have got a problem with my data usage. I have a £10 a month sim only tariff and I never come close to using all my data. But I moved house and had no wifi for a few days so used my mobile data allowance. The next thing is I get a text saying that I have reached my spend cap and they have cut off my data. So I look at my bill online and there are £300 worth of charges for a 4 or 5 day period!! I am absolutely staggered and I still don't know what to do about it yet. The spend cap was 0 so surely it should have cut off when I used up my 5GB. Unbelievable. I am going to have a good go at getting it cancelled. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@TEG3131 

On standard consumer contracts, data stops when you have used your allowance.

It's different if on a business contract, which I assume you must be, so call 8002 to speak to business customer services and discuss your options.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@TEG3131 were you able to get in touch with O2 about this?

Message 3 of 3