Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting eSIM

GPC1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought an iPhone 14 which has no physical SIM but only eSIM. Thought it would be a doddle changing. How wrong was I. Went to O2 shop first but their “computer was down” and they could not do it. Looked at app and it said that my old SIM would be disconnected as soon as I ordered eSIM so I phoned 202. They said yes we can order it and I agreed then my phone went dead right in the middle of our conversation. What! So the app was right. I waited 2 days and nothing so phoned again. They could see my order and it was suggested that order would come by email with QR and codes etc. I waited 2 days and nothing so phoned again (today) and they then re-ordered the eSIM pack which they said I should get by 6 days time. What!  Meantime I have had NO working phone. What on earth is happening with O2? I am not happy. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10634 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@GPC1 

Ahh you bought a US iPhone 14...

Your best bet is to pop into another o2 shop and ask for an esim pack there and then, make sure you have photo ID, otherwise you are at the mercy of Royal Fail to (Maybe) deliver the esim pack..   

Bare in mind Royal Fail keep been on strike, so the original could be lost/stuck somewhere. 

Why o2 cant do automated esim provisioning via myo2 when EE and Vodafone can is beyond me.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10634 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@GPC1 

Ahh you bought a US iPhone 14...

Your best bet is to pop into another o2 shop and ask for an esim pack there and then, make sure you have photo ID, otherwise you are at the mercy of Royal Fail to (Maybe) deliver the esim pack..   

Bare in mind Royal Fail keep been on strike, so the original could be lost/stuck somewhere. 

Why o2 cant do automated esim provisioning via myo2 when EE and Vodafone can is beyond me.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

GPC1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At last it’s done. Went into another O2 shop and the man there was on the phone to their helpline for 45 minutes to find out how to install and activate the eSIM. Surely O2 must get an easier system. 

Message 3 of 3