Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem following the port of a number

Simon3142
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I initially had a lot of problems trying to get my number onto an o2 SIM and some still remain. Although the number is reachable for calls, there is a problem with text messages. When sending messages this can appear on someone else’s phone as having come from the o2 issued number and not the one that was ported across. Also, in the settings on the iPhone, under Phone, Messages and FaceTime it records the o2 issued number and not the ported number.

has anyone come across this problem and do you know what steps I can take to resolve it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146434 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

@Simon3142 

Settings >Phone >My number.

Edit, save and reboot.

If that fails, reset your network settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Simon3142
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, I have tried to edit the number but it will not save it. I’ll give the network refresh a go and report back

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146434 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28171 Solutions

If that doesn't sort it you will need a new sim @Simon3142 

You can get one in store,, take photo ID with you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4