Did you mean: 

Price Increase 2023

Confused_Man
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was searching the web to see what actual price increase O2 would charge this year - I only joined last November. I found this "The price increases at O2 do not affect existing customers, but new contracts and prepaid tariffs", taken from this story:

https://newsrnd.com/news/20**Personal info**-o2-mobile-phone-tariffs-are-becoming-more-expensive--th...

Is this correct, or are further price rises to be announced? 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Lindsey3 wrote:

I took out a virgin media volt contract that includes O2 mobile as a separate item, the order was made over the phone and no details of the mobile contract given. The only thing I got from O2 was a message to inform me the order had been received. Didn't get a contract. They tell me at the shop that I have accepted the contract for 18 months because I used the sim.

VOLT was a great idea, but I'm afraid the implementation by Virgin leaves much to to complain about.

Hard sell tactics and misleading statements seem to be the order of the day. One only has to scroll through the Volt forum on the Virgin Community to read the horror stories.

Even if they sell you the O2 SIM from that point on Virgin wipe their hands of the whole thing.

If you have had a letter from Virgin re the Broadband price rise you may be one of those that can leave Virgin early. In that scenario you can then cancell O2 without penalty.

About the only advice I can give.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 31 of 33

jasonbrown2507
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved from VM mobile to O2, as part of an update to my VM bill.

Cut a clon story short my VM bill was going up to £120. After speaking with VM the offered me the same service for £105, I was pain 101. So grand I'll go with it.

Will was worked out 

VM old service BB/TV/Phone&SIM

VM/O2 new service the same as before but SIM was O2. 

VM was £85 plus the O2 was £20 total &105

This started January this year, O2 billed me £25...they said VM was wrong and it was 25.

So for an extra fiver I let it go. The bills from January to now (3 Months) have been £110 as explained. Bit now O2 want £30 a month, they said I agreed to it when I accepted the contract....I've found the info about the pay increase online. But it's a bit much and I would reather leave o2and VM than pay the extra for a phone I'm not even really using....

Can anyone offer me any advice

Thank

Jay

Message 32 of 33

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@jasonbrown2507 wrote:

I moved from VM mobile to O2, as part of an update to my VM bill.

Cut a clon story short my VM bill was going up to £120. After speaking with VM the offered me the same service for £105, I was pain 101. So grand I'll go with it.

Will was worked out 

VM old service BB/TV/Phone&SIM

VM/O2 new service the same as before but SIM was O2. 

VM was £85 plus the O2 was £20 total &105

This started January this year, O2 billed me £25...they said VM was wrong and it was 25.

So for an extra fiver I let it go. The bills from January to now (3 Months) have been £110 as explained. Bit now O2 want £30 a month, they said I agreed to it when I accepted the contract....I've found the info about the pay increase online. But it's a bit much and I would reather leave o2and VM than pay the extra for a phone I'm not even really using....

Can anyone offer me any advice

Thank

Jay

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract has information you will need, @jasonbrown2507, if you wish to leave O2 - you will need to settle any outstanding Device Plan amount before leaving, and do not cancel your Direct Debit until O2 have finally settled the account and notified you of that (about a month after termination).

You can also flex down the data on your airtime to a lesser amount, reducing your airtime cost, info here: https://www.o2.co.uk/refresh/flexible-tariffs

Good luck!

Message 33 of 33