Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number to O2

Ali1976
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I transferred my number from Virgin media to 02 on Monday 26/12/2022. My number was due to be transferred on 29/12/2022 but did not happen. I called O2 on 30/12/2022 in the morning and was told the issue will be resolved within 4 hours. Obviously this did not happen so I called again in the afternoon on 30/12/22 and was told it will be sorted in next 24 hours. Still did not happen and I called again on 31/12/22 and was told the issue has been escalated and will be sorted asap. We are now evening of 01 Jan and I am still waiting for my number to be transferred. I know it’s bank holidays etc but I did inform them on Friday I can’t log in to remote working without my phone number and can’t access my online bank to make payments etc but no one seems to care. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149463 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Ali1976 

Number porting teams don't work weekends or bank holidays so the earliest you can hope for is Tuesday unfortunately.

@O2Sarah- will be working tomorrow and can check if it's scheduled for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning 

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Ali1976 I will send you a private message so we can look into this.

Message 3 of 3