Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Problem - Please help!

IainMD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My number (of 25yrs) was due to be ported in yesterday from EE but seems to have gone very wrong indeed.  The PAC has clearly been actioned as my EE SIM is now dead.  If I call my number I get "the number you called is not recognised" and the O2 SIM still has the temporary number.  We're past 24hrs now and calling 202 got me absolutely nowhere.

The number is used for authentication to multiple companies I work with and I'm currently in no-man's-land.  Is anyone able to offer any advice as to how to get this sorted? I'm terrified that the number could be lost. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@IainMD 

These things happen as the MNP process is garbage to honest, and requires a lot of changes on both ends. 

Sounds like a failed port, and on the EE side, as they should be forwarding the number (as they own the number on the National Dial Plan) into o2. 

I would ask o2 CS to contact the port team and get them to liase with EE's porting team to get this resolved.. Let me tag the lovely @O2Lisa who should be able to help as well slight_smile 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@IainMD 

These things happen as the MNP process is garbage to honest, and requires a lot of changes on both ends. 

Sounds like a failed port, and on the EE side, as they should be forwarding the number (as they own the number on the National Dial Plan) into o2. 

I would ask o2 CS to contact the port team and get them to liase with EE's porting team to get this resolved.. Let me tag the lovely @O2Lisa who should be able to help as well slight_smile 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

IainMD
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.  If there's anything that @O2Lisa can do to help I'd really appreciate it. pray

Message 3 of 5

IainMD
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It got escalated with the porting team and I think it's now sorted.  Fingers crossed.

Message 4 of 5

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @madasaf1sh 😊

Glad it seems to be sorted for you @IainMD, you can always message me directly if you need any more help.

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5