cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor upgrade offers for loyal customer!!!

BNewy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How is it that I've been offered an O2 contract through a third party company that is only a 24 month term, for over £10 less a month and twice the amount of data?! I do not understand it, I've been a loyal customer with O2 and feel like we should be looked after in that our yearly premiums go down for value! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It all depends what you are looking for and the time you look @BNewy 

O2 have offers on throughout the year, you just need to be on the ball and when you are near to upgrade time then do your research and shop around.

I upgraded my Sim Only contract 2 weeks ago. It's a lot more data than I had previously and I am paying less than before.

It's rare for O2 to pricematch as they consider what's on offer is as good as anyone else with Refresh and O2 Priority.

If it isn't for you and you shop around to find something that suits you better then that's fine.

Just make sure any network you switch to gives you good coverage, otherwise it will be a waste of time

Best of luck thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
Just remember if you go to a 3rd Party supplier, you will be locked into a 24 month contract with no o2 refresh, and the reason they can offer it at less than o2 is they may be using some of their commission from o2 to reduce the cost.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @BNewy 

I have read your post and it does always seem difficult to understand.

It needs very careful consideration.

It is my experience that the detail in the offers are not always good.

However, you must make your decisions that will be best for you.

Good luck and welcome to the o2 Community Forum

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It all depends what you are looking for and the time you look @BNewy 

O2 have offers on throughout the year, you just need to be on the ball and when you are near to upgrade time then do your research and shop around.

I upgraded my Sim Only contract 2 weeks ago. It's a lot more data than I had previously and I am paying less than before.

It's rare for O2 to pricematch as they consider what's on offer is as good as anyone else with Refresh and O2 Priority.

If it isn't for you and you shop around to find something that suits you better then that's fine.

Just make sure any network you switch to gives you good coverage, otherwise it will be a waste of time

Best of luck thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4