cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor O2 Network Around Sheffield - Anyone Else Experiencing This?

Anonymous
Not applicable
My wife and I joined O2 in September 2013 (3G contracts) due to what we thought was a great offer after being with T-Mobile and Virgin Media (both EE network) for several years before. We never had any problems whatsoever with our mobiles on EE but since joining O2 neither of us can believe the number of dropped calls, failed calls and regular 3G dropouts at various locations around the city.

We've both complained about this numerous times but just keep getting fobbed off with excuses such as we're working on a mast in your area, we're working on several masts in your area or we're upgrading the network in your area. When I ask when these works/upgrades will be complete, I'm never given any definite dates just "as soon as possible".

So it's safe to say that our experience of O2 to date is relatively poor and the customer service is quite frankly abysmal. I've basically been told it's tough that we're experiencing poor network, you'll just have to wait for the works/upgrades to be completed at some point in the future at which time everything should then be better! However in the interim we have to continue paying our monthly charges for a sub-standard service.

We've both got iPhones and been to our local Apple store and had diagnostics and this confirmed it's mostly the fault of the network for the dropped calls.

I'll just add that when we experience the dropped / failed calls, our phones are generally showing 3/4 bars of 3G so it's not even as though the signal is weak.

So as O2 are seemingly unwilling to do anything, I just thought I'd start this thread and ask if anyone else is having similar issues? If you are, please reply as it would be useful to get an idea if this is widespread and then hopefully someone from O2 may take note!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10689 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3104 Solutions

Hi, 

Im in Sheffield (South East), and the only area that i lose coverage is City Road for 2 minutes, and also the bottom of Ford / Ridgeway, and I use my device all over the S post code area .

Im sat 99% of the time with 3-5 bars of 4G with the occassional step down to HSDPA, im not using an iPhone but a Samsung Note 3 or a Lumia 925. 

Have you tried setting the phone to 2G and seeing what the difference is? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 2