cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor 3G Coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've been getting really bad 3G coverage in my area since I started my contract, and find that my iPhone 4S is constantly on Edge which is just too slow and unreliable. The coverage map shows my location as just outside the "Good indoor and outdoor" 3g signal but covered by the 3G900 range. There doesn't seem to be any problems according to the status page so I think I'm just in a bad area. I'd prefer not to move to another carrier as I've been with O2 for a long time but I really need a 3G connection, and my contract doesn't end until August. There doesn't seem to be any solutions to this but I thought I'd ask here first just in case. Any ideas?

Also does anyone know where I can find information on plans to increase 3G/3G900 ranges in the Kent, Sittingbourne area?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

no plans available (o2 do not publish this info) but the whole of the uk will have 98% indoor coverage on 2g 3g and 4g in 2015.

Info on the page here http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future

The coverage map is just a prediction many things affect mobile signals.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

no plans available (o2 do not publish this info) but the whole of the uk will have 98% indoor coverage on 2g 3g and 4g in 2015.

Info on the page here http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future

The coverage map is just a prediction many things affect mobile signals.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. That's a shame it's going to take a while, although I understand it's quite a large task to undertake. I guess I'll have to consider buying out of my contract instead, or perhaps removing all my bolt-ons and getting a pay as you go phone on another network.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you looked at other networks near you for strength of signal.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks this looks interesting, but how does it help me if my 3G signal is poor and I have no land line or wifi?
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry mate I tried to edit my post before you read it as that reply was for someone else

😞

Sorry for any confusion.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah no problem! In response to your edited question, yes both Three and Orange have excellent 3G coverage in my area.
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's going to be a no brainer then !

Both networks have pros and cons.

3 with good data deals and orange {ee}with 4g capabilities for instance.

Big step would be to sell your iPhone and use the funds raised to buy out your contract and start again with one of the other two choices obviously getting your PAC code if your number is important to you.

What are you thinking of doing ?
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, I think this is the logical choice here. Thanks for the honesty wink

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome.

Good luck with the journey.
Message 10 of 10