cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can someone from O2 phone me - I want to leave!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm absolutely fed up of how impossible it is to cancel and leave your 'service'.

PLEASE phone me whenever you have the time as you clearly don't want to answer when I call.

On hold to 202 for two hours listening to terrible music of such poor quality I thought my ears were going to bleed just to be cut off by an automated message as you'd all gone home.

I have tried several evenings running now without success.

Your 'web chat' service operators just transfer me back and forth between departments.

As I cannot cancel in-store please tell me how I can leave?  Do I need to use mail or will this also be ignored?

Are you actively preventing me from leaving?  If so I'll drop my SIM card off at a store and cancel my direct debit as this is now beyond a joke.

My contract expired a long time ago so it's just a rolling monthly arrangement.  All I would like is a PAC code and to give 30 days notice that I wish to leave. 

Sorry if this post comes across as aggressive but I'm so fed up with how poorly I am being treated.  I work in a customer service environment and am shocked by how bad O2 are.

Regards, soon to be ex-customer, Steve.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got through via web-chat and was helped by Sandy then Hussey - top work by both.

I'm sure they can resolve the email address from the forum account to a customer record to obtain my mobile number, given the logon matches that used to access the O2 account itself.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steve

I can totally sympathise with you on this one. Have been trying for days on end on an evening trying to get through, in order to get an upgrade.

Unfortunately, you wont be able to request a callback, by posting on here.

The only advice i would give, would be to try at a different time of the day, maybe first thing in the morning if you can.

Sorry cannot be of much help.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice to know I'm not alone, I'll try 202 tomorrow during a late lunch in the hope it may be quieter.

The support staff are trying their best and likely fighting a system that does not enable them or are just understaffed!

Callbacks work well with insurance companies as they know when work needs doing and keep the customer happy.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I would guess lunchtimes would be busy too unfortunately as many people will be calling at the same time. Early mornings I find are the best time to get through.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

They couldn't call you back from the information on here if they wanted to, how would they know who you are?

As above you will have to try again, I suspect they're having trouble with the phone systems as answering times have been bad for quite a few weeks now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got through via web-chat and was helped by Sandy then Hussey - top work by both.

I'm sure they can resolve the email address from the forum account to a customer record to obtain my mobile number, given the logon matches that used to access the O2 account itself.

Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a customer forum. Apart from some O2 staff who contribute on a personal level, and the staff and moderators who run the website, there is no official O2 presence on this forum.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That will never happen for many reasons.

I'm glad you fixed it all by yourself though. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 8