cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please: DO NOT choose o2 as your provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Since day 1, o2 have not offered me a service. I signed up to o2 in October 2015 on a 4G contract for 24 months.

Within the first couple of days, I noticed that I was consistently getting "No Service" at home. I could turn "Airplane Mode" off and back on again to receive connection for another 10 minutes or so. I went straight back into the store in my "14 day Cooling off Period".

I was told (which was CLEARLY a lie) that a mast is down in my town, and engineers are "working hard to fix it". Well, 12 months on and nothings changed.

A couple of days ago, I lost quite an important bit of business for me, as I couldn't take the call due to "no service", and someone else subsequently won the business.

I went into my local o2 shop to which the advisor in store lives in the same town as me and agreed the "Service is shocking". However, he wen't on to explain that he "can't help you because your not actually an o2 customer". HOW ON EARTH CAN I NOT BE AN O2 CUSTOMER, IM SURE IF I DIDNT PAY MY BILL, YOU'D BE STRAIGHT ONTO ME.

I mean, I pay o2 £40 per month and yet im "not an o2 customer"? SERIOUSLY?

They told me to go next door, into Carphone Warehouse". So I did, they told me never to go into the o2 store, as they're useless and "will do anything they can not to help you".

I've been repeatedly told to use the "TuGo" app, which, for me isn't a solution. Telling someone to use a "VOIP" app (Voice Over IP) isn't a solution to network problems. You're just removing them from your network entirely and therefor shunting all responsibility away from yourselfs (as usual).

I have been back and forth with o2 since day 1, trying to resolve this. They WILL NOT HELP ME. I just get passed from Customer Services -> Network Team -> o2 Guru -> Customer Services -> Network Team ->So on and so forth.

I don't understand how in 2016, o2 can't even provide a stable connection. Nor can they offer 2g data network, when others in my household on EE get full 4G connections all of the time. I CAN'T EVEN GET A VOICE CONNECTION. (NO SERVICE!!)

o2 have essentially now told me, my only option is to pay o2 £245 to cancel my contract.

WHY AM I LIABLE FOR A £245 CHARGE WHEN YOUR NOT PROVIDING ME A SERVICE.

The  contract works both ways, my responsibility is to pay the bill, on time each month. o2 responsibility is to provide me a network, with as many minutes, GB of data and texts as agreed when signing.

In my opinion, the contract is void as O2 aren't fulfilling their agreement.

o2 refuse to help and half the time claim I'm not even an o2 Customer. So now, I either stick with a contract that doesn't work where I live. Or pay £245 to o2 because they can't provide me a service.

Absolutely shocked at the level of service and the customer service received from o2.

How on earth you can claim "Best in customer Service" I don't know.

Again, PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE o2 as your provider. They've been loosing market share slowly over the last few years and are now the smallest of network providers. This shows, as their equipment is clearly well out of date and cannot keep up with demand. 

I wouldn't be suprised if in a couple of years, o2 sell out (no doubt to EE) and no longer operate independantly as they're completely shocking.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
4g should help you no end.
My signal was flaky and intermittent at home until 4g was rolled out. Now it's rock solid for voice and averages 18mb/s download for data

I didn't think 4G carried calls / texts?

Maybe changing the handset settings to pick up the stronger 2G signal would be more help?

Improvements in 3g came at the same time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 31