Did you mean: 

Phone coverage in Sheffield

MrRichAllen1976
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Above.

Been getting messages since last week about a signal issue in the Sheffield S3 area, is it ever likely to be resolved? I can't change providers as I'm still paying off my contract/device plan, and there's not that many providers I'd willingly go with, Virgin are rubbish, Three are also rubbish, EE aren't terrible but they don't have the phone I want, and Vodafone has annoying customer service agents that don't understand Sheffield accents.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

madasaf1sh
  • 11260 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@MrRichAllen1976 

Thank god its not a mast in S3 as the thieving scrotes would have all the cable and metal away by now.. 

It seems to be a mast on top of the Hyde Park flats, and they are arranging access with the Housing Association. 

There is naff all you can do about it, and to be fair there is nothing in your contract that says o2 have to provide 100& uptime or coverage..

To add a lot of Large Enterprises have moaned about it, including the company I work for..  

EE, 3 and Voda all have problems in parts of Sheffield, but I will say my Spusu sim at times gets 500Mbps then at times it gets 5Mbps all near the Space Centre.. 

It is a temporary fault that is all...

Just to add the mast in question has had issues for about 5 days, and in credit to o2 they where on to it after a few hours.

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 11 of 12

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions