cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Completely Barred for 3 Days Now. No-one I've called at O2 knows hows to fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a loyal O2 customer for over 10 years. I have stayed with O2 because I believe they provide a good service. My experiences recently have made me severely doubt that.

Early on Wednesday, 4th February 2015 while at work I received a call from an individual from O2’s fraud department stating that my phone was going to be permanently barred as it was connected to a fraud case. I asked for more information but I did not get any. The caller “Cath” was unhelpful and rude throughout my contact with her. She did not want to hear any explanation from me and had a smug and unprofessional attitude throughout the call. This whole thing was totally new information to me as I purchased the phone through proper legal methods and paid almost £600 for it.

I decided to contact the original seller of the phone who said she would contact O2 to resolve the issue. The seller assured me the issue had been settled and it was due to a mistake on O2's part.

On Thursday, 5th February 2015, I got into contact with “Cath” again to confirm I was in the clear but she was yet again unhelpful and refused to give any more information on the case.

My phone was disconnected from the O2 network soon afterward. This is the phone I use for my work purposes as well as communication with my family and friends. It has now been disconnected for over three entire days.

On Friday, 6th February 2015, the phone seller and I took hours of our own personal time to contact O2 via phone and get through to someone who could help. I was assured the phone will be fully working by Saturday.

It is now Saturday, 7th February 2015. The. Phone. Is. Still. Not. Working. I have called O2 again for about the 15th time but nobody has any clue whatsoever how to help. I kept getting told to clean the sim card, restart the phone, reset settings, etc... I've done all this already anyway. No-one has yet solved the issue unsurprisingly.

I have been offline for over 3 days now. I did nothing wrong and I am being punished for the ineptitude of a few O2 employees.

I have not been able to access any text messages, I have not been able to receive any phone calls, I have not been able to access my voicemail, I have not been able to access my email, I have not been able to connect to the internet.

I have had to use public payphones with extortionate rates, I haven’t any idea who has texted me in the last few days and I don’t know who has called me.

This whole situation could have been easily avoided.

I am extremely disappointed in how I was treated by O2 staff and the resulting lack of the service I have received as a result.

This whole situation has made me question whether to stay with O2 or not.

This may sound like a self-entitled rant, but I expect at least the very basic of services from my phone company. I do not expect to be treated like a criminal when I am a loyal customer. O2 has made an epic fail at "Customer Service 101".

Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats my chances of getting some compensation for this?

No-one has contact me back. Still without any service at all.

Message 21 of 91

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We don't have any knowledge of your issue so impossible to answer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 deal with goodwill gestures requests on a case by case basis.

You would need to Ask the question via Customer Services.
Message 23 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I think problem is likely with handset.

I've totally given up on customer service. Going to make the long journey to O2 store tomorrow. See if they can help out.

Message 24 of 91

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
tbh I'm confused as to why o2 called you to say they were cutting you off and were then unable to give a reason - this is completely unheard of before....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Just a few questions if you don't mind... have customer services confirmed that the bars have been lifted? If so,does the phone show coverage but won't allow you to call out or do you not have a signal at all? 

You mentioned at some point that the phone is the issue...does that mean you used the sim card in a different phone? 

Message 26 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the handset is the issue because I have now swapped SIM successfully and still not fixed. O2 coverage is good in the area also.

The only information I have was that they were calling from the Fraud department (or something like) that and it was being cut off for being connected with something fraudulent which I have absolutely no clue of what it is. Seller has no contacted O2 and resolved this issue. O2's mistake apparently.

It says "No Service" in top of screen where signal bars are. Nothing else.

Message 27 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the handset is the issue because I have now swapped SIM successfully and still not fixed. O2 coverage is good in the area also.

The only information I have was that they were calling from the Fraud department (or something like) that and it was being cut off for being connected with something fraudulent which I have absolutely no clue of what it is. Seller has no contacted O2 and resolved this issue. O2's mistake apparently.

It says "No Service" in top of screen where signal bars are. Nothing else.

The No Service means that imei of the phone has been possibly blocked. Another way to see is to try another nano SIM card on payg ie not connected to your account and if the No Service remains after that then it's imei has been blocked and only the network can lift that block. This is typically applied if the original owner has as an example reported it lost or stolen and claimed on some form of insurance. It's been known for a person to sell a handset , wait a while and then claim for a new one. An imei block is automatically applied in these circumstances. 

Message 28 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Don't know if this has already been suggested in previous pages but a way of checking the history/status of the phone to see why it is barred, is by using this link http://www.checkmend.com/uk/

This will do the following....

Create an instant report on any electrical device by providing its unique serial number or IMEI number. A single search checks the largest database of lost and stolen information in the world with over 50 billion records, including data from UK Police, insurers, retailers and mobile networks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you please call customer services and tell them to run a check on your imei instead of checking the bars on your account? My guess is that when the bars where lifted from the system it didn't came off the blacklist, so it needs the bars to be removed by back office. Hope this helps.:) CS are open until 6pm today.

Message 30 of 91