cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Completely Barred for 3 Days Now. No-one I've called at O2 knows hows to fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a loyal O2 customer for over 10 years. I have stayed with O2 because I believe they provide a good service. My experiences recently have made me severely doubt that.

Early on Wednesday, 4th February 2015 while at work I received a call from an individual from O2’s fraud department stating that my phone was going to be permanently barred as it was connected to a fraud case. I asked for more information but I did not get any. The caller “Cath” was unhelpful and rude throughout my contact with her. She did not want to hear any explanation from me and had a smug and unprofessional attitude throughout the call. This whole thing was totally new information to me as I purchased the phone through proper legal methods and paid almost £600 for it.

I decided to contact the original seller of the phone who said she would contact O2 to resolve the issue. The seller assured me the issue had been settled and it was due to a mistake on O2's part.

On Thursday, 5th February 2015, I got into contact with “Cath” again to confirm I was in the clear but she was yet again unhelpful and refused to give any more information on the case.

My phone was disconnected from the O2 network soon afterward. This is the phone I use for my work purposes as well as communication with my family and friends. It has now been disconnected for over three entire days.

On Friday, 6th February 2015, the phone seller and I took hours of our own personal time to contact O2 via phone and get through to someone who could help. I was assured the phone will be fully working by Saturday.

It is now Saturday, 7th February 2015. The. Phone. Is. Still. Not. Working. I have called O2 again for about the 15th time but nobody has any clue whatsoever how to help. I kept getting told to clean the sim card, restart the phone, reset settings, etc... I've done all this already anyway. No-one has yet solved the issue unsurprisingly.

I have been offline for over 3 days now. I did nothing wrong and I am being punished for the ineptitude of a few O2 employees.

I have not been able to access any text messages, I have not been able to receive any phone calls, I have not been able to access my voicemail, I have not been able to access my email, I have not been able to connect to the internet.

I have had to use public payphones with extortionate rates, I haven’t any idea who has texted me in the last few days and I don’t know who has called me.

This whole situation could have been easily avoided.

I am extremely disappointed in how I was treated by O2 staff and the resulting lack of the service I have received as a result.

This whole situation has made me question whether to stay with O2 or not.

This may sound like a self-entitled rant, but I expect at least the very basic of services from my phone company. I do not expect to be treated like a criminal when I am a loyal customer. O2 has made an epic fail at "Customer Service 101".

Message 1 of 91
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to talk to someone from O2 who can fix this though. Is there a phone number I could call to get help right now. I do not want to talk to any more clueless customer service people. I have been through the same thing x10 already.

Rosadosc is really helpful and if she can I'm sure will endeavour to help. 

The two site managers are really helpful too. 

All are o2 staff. 

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Your experience sounds pretty horrific. I can only suggest you lodge a formal complaint:

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 91

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Difficult to comment without knowing why they think a fraud has been committed and with no access to accounts from here we can't really say anymore.
I hope this is either resolved or properly explained for you soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the 'seller' prepared to return the funds if you return the phone to them.

If bought off auction sites and via PayPal you may want to think about raising a dispute.

Damage limitation if O2 can't / won't unblock its imei number.
Message 4 of 91

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

If bought off auction sites and via PayPal you may want to think about raising a dispute.

Did you read the post properly?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

The seller has been nothing but helpful. They have contacted O2 relentlessly to try to fix this. I've paid through PayPal so money is safe anyway. Seller says O2 mistakenly thought my phone was stolen and barred it for some reason. I can't get any more information from O2 or the seller.

I was scheduled to meet with someone on Friday but couldn't get any details from my phone because it is barred. This person doesn't answer calls from numbers they don't know because PPI claim cold calls are particularly problematic for them. Therefore the person was probably at the meeting place on Friday while I was AWOL. O2 has actively created problems in my life.

I will definitely file a complaint. I hope I will be compenstated in some form for this complete dis-service I have received.

Message 6 of 91

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If your account is OK why not just put your sim in another phone for now until this is sorted out?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nobody I know has a phone compatible with a nano SIM card that I know of.

Message 8 of 91

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You can pick up a free sim adapter (from an O2 store).

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you read the post properly?

I think I have and how I've read the Op's post worries me as it sounds like what we've all seen as a result of sometimes buying off auction sites. Which is why I asked about returning the phone and if payment was made via PayPal. I genuinely hope this resolves amicably for this person. 

Message 10 of 91