Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal not needed information

okeydokey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the process of changing my pay monthly £17.80 to 30GB Plus Plan easy to do but I am troubled by having to give personal salary information I don't wish that info to be shared around the BT Internet, lenders and other credit agencies. I have been with o2 for at least 15 years and the new deal is about £3 less pm so I'm not a huge credit risk. Why do they need this

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148999 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@okeydokey 

Everyone now has to be credit and affordability checked.

This is a VM/O2 requirement for anyone taking a new or upgrade contract.

How your data is handled here O2 | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

okeydokey
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks this much as I thought but why for a long term customer paying monthly by dd for a reduced amount scheme - it seems so pointless. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 148999 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@okeydokey 

Makes no difference now since the Virgin merger. Everyone gets it regardless.

Many are also failing the checks too even though they have been customers for years.

No idea what's going on these days !!!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

okeydokey
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ah well this progress is good init!

btw how is your Pixel 7a - I am debating between Pixel and a samsung A54 - I dont need the top of the range

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 148999 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

It's faultless for the price @okeydokey 

Camera features are the best I've seen on any phone.

Best shot and the eraser are so clever.

Clear screen (vital for ones like me with aging eyesight lol) and battery easily lasts a day and two if you're careful.

A good choice I'd say with non of the Samsung clutter.

Message 6 of 6