cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off device plan and cancelling contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
So my contract is up next month and i have £30 left to pay on the device. I want to pay the 30 and cancel the contract because i dont really use the tablet out of the house so it's pointless to keep the air time going. So how do i go about doing this ??? Also what number do i phone or can they do it online....
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Kieran3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why am I being bloody charged for a tariff when you have cut my contract off this is outrageous, I don’t know any other network that does this your the worst network I have been on an I can’t wait to get off, also if I want to cancel my air time contract after I have paid it off, can I still pay off the device plan even tho I don’t have a air time contract with you
Message 21 of 26

Kieran3
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can’t even use my phone can’t call text or use internet yet you put me on a lower tariff so could pay my bill I owed yet, you cut me off so can’t use phone at all yet your charging me 9 pound something for a tariff I don’t use it’s outrageous your the worse network ever !! Not happy how you run this, I want you to cut the contract fully after I have paid my bill but still pay my device plan am I allowed to do that ??? Worst net work
Message 22 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Kieran3 

How to cancel Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 26

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Kieran3  Simple answer is no, you cant just pay off your credit agreement if you cancel your tariff.

Also if you have been cut off and you still in your minimum term you will liable for all costs and they can charge you the remaining term - vat .

And if its for a payment failure they will pass it to a Debt Collection agency when all this is over, and that will then ruin your credit score..

BTW if you are cut off for none payment all networks will keep charging you your line rental.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 24 of 26

JimmyM
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just spent a frustrating hour waiting to speak to someone on 202 about paying off my Device plan...and didn't get through! I tried about 6 times today. Lots of options online to press A & B & C options" to upgrade or pay £20 but nothing on my account to pay off my plan. Why the heck make it so frustrating? I already have my PAC code and new provider and new phone arriving tomorrow. I'd just like to pay off my plan and leave. Even if there are a couple of other checks, make that possible online! I don't need to chat to someone to pay off my plan - unless I want to be patronised! Come on O2! Every other option is online but in this day and age, I have to speak to someone to pay money in. My only option is to cancel my direct debit and wait for the "O2 bailiffs" to request the balance on my device.

Message 25 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

That's not a good idea for you

O2 won't care about putting a default on your account

You need to call customer service.

Call 202 from your mobile or use Skype to call 0800 032 1402

All other numbers and methods of contact are in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8am is the best time to call

Message 26 of 26