Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Re: Paying off device plan and cancelling contract

Why am I being bloody charged for a tariff when you have cut my contract off this is outrageous, I don’t know any other network that does this your the worst network I have been on an I can’t wait to get off, also if I want to cancel my air time contract after I have paid it off, can I still pay off the device plan even tho I don’t have a air time contract with you
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

I can’t even use my phone can’t call text or use internet yet you put me on a lower tariff so could pay my bill I owed yet, you cut me off so can’t use phone at all yet your charging me 9 pound something for a tariff I don’t use it’s outrageous your the worse network ever !! Not happy how you run this, I want you to cut the contract fully after I have paid my bill but still pay my device plan am I allowed to do that ??? Worst net work
Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,955

@Kieran3 

How to cancel Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 33: Firestarter

[ Edited ]

@Kieran3  Simple answer is no, you cant just pay off your credit agreement if you cancel your tariff.

Also if you have been cut off and you still in your minimum term you will liable for all costs and they can charge you the remaining term - vat .

And if its for a payment failure they will pass it to a Debt Collection agency when all this is over, and that will then ruin your credit score..

BTW if you are cut off for none payment all networks will keep charging you your line rental.

Current Phone: Galaxy Fold - o2 5G
I also have a Planet Computers Gemini

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--
We are all customers and dont have access to any o2 accounts