cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off device plan and cancelling contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
So my contract is up next month and i have £30 left to pay on the device. I want to pay the 30 and cancel the contract because i dont really use the tablet out of the house so it's pointless to keep the air time going. So how do i go about doing this ??? Also what number do i phone or can they do it online....
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I quite agree.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 26

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

I was merely clarifying -  @chrisymon had commented that he wasn't sure, which threw some confusion into the mix, and @MI5 had queried whether this was actually the case/when it became the case - so I thought a post clarifying that it wasn't and that the info in the guide already linked to was accurate was in order. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 12 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Wa10 wrote:

I was merely clarifying -  @chrisymon had commented that he wasn't sure, which threw some confusion into the mix, and @MI5 had queried whether this was actually the case/when it became the case - so I thought a post clarifying that it wasn't and that the info in the guide already linked to was accurate was in order. slight_smile 

Errrrr...quite! @Wa10 Confused Destroy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 26

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Thought so slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 26

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Lol don't ya hate speaking to retentions when I just want a simple cancel contract.

I'd try live chat, as I've actually had some decent help there lately. But I'd also check VERY closely it'd been actioned after the chat staff said they'd done it.

Still, it'd hopefully avoid the blah blah by calling retentions Happy Dance

Message 15 of 26

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Even live chat will put you through to "live chat retentions" so you will still get the hard sell to stay.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 26

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hmm, maybe the hard sell is less effective over chat though? More importantly, shouldn't u be able to cancel without being forced to go through retentions?

Might be worth asking @Martin-O2 to pass along feedback on that?
Message 17 of 26

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Just business really I guess.....
Otherwise you'd get people complaining that "o2 dis nothing to try and keep me" slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 18 of 26

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gindygoo I'll pass along the feedback on this wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 26

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
True @MI5

Thanks @Martin-O2
Message 20 of 26