cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying my bill from abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently moved to Ireland and closed my pay monthly account, cancelling the direct debit.

Today I received a text telling me my account was overdue (because I cancelled the d/d, the final bill was not paid.) I tried seven times to call and pay over the phone.

I was told that, because my card is not registered at the (out-of-date) address on O2 records, the payment could not go through. Yet I can make purchases anywhere in the world without having to declare my address or confirm that it matches their records.

What kind of nonsense is this? I have told the accounts people to email me a sensible way for me to pay the bill or I shall simply ignore it.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

So it was my fault after all!?

I think you may have a training need.

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147184 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you may have a training need. 

Comments like that are quite unnecessary.

This is a customer to customer forum where people give up their time for free to help other customers.

I also have a DD in place wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you cancel your account, it is normal to cancel the DD as well.

You don't know the circumstances and didn't bother to ask. I did ask for a closing bill and was not informed of the bill in question. In fact, speaking to anoterr person today at O2, I was told I was £6 in credit, and a cheque was being sent to me.

So now, tell me, how was that a mistake?

Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When you cancel your account, it is normal to cancel the DD as well.

You don't know the circumstances and didn't bother to ask. I did ask for a closing bill and was not informed of the bill in question. In fact, speaking to anoterr person today at O2, I was told I was £6 in credit, and a cheque was being sent to me.

So now, tell me, how was that a mistake?

No I didn't know the full circumstances....You have only just told me them so I apologise for confusion. However...the fact remains that when a contract is cancelled or ends we always advise people to wait for a further month as there will usually be an outstanding amount owed to O2...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
AFAIK the foreign card problem exists with all mobile operators.
I can't pay online for my Orange Spain payg sim with my UK debit card, they will only accept my Spanish bank account debit card.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147184 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
How would I know as I can't see your account as I am just a pleb?
If you don't give us all the info we can't read your mind.
You've been given the advice which answers your original questions - good luck in getting it sorted out yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 16