cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I pay for my rolling PAYG plan from top up.

Chloe991133
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have £90 on my top up account but my card is still being charged monthly for my rolling PAYG plan. How can I make this payment come out of my top up balance?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37270 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1699 Solutions

@Chloe991133 - Ah yes, that old chestnut, not easy to find in the links shared above, so, as per:  https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/rolling-plan-terms-and-conditions >>>>

Recurring Card Payment Authorisation

1. On your monthly renewal date, we will attempt to deduct payment from your registered payment card and if successful, the Rolling plan will automatically renew on your monthly renewal date and you will receive your new inclusive monthly allowances. If we cannot take payment from the card registered to your account, your Rolling plan will not renew. We will send you a notification by both text message and email using the email address you used to register on MyO2. Until you renew your Rolling plan by updating your registered payment card details with one that can successfully make payment, any calls, text messages, data or additional services you use will be deducted from any top-up credit balance you have at standard rates. To renew your Rolling plan, you will need to update your card details in order to reactivate it and receive the benefits associated with it. If you do not start a new Rolling plan allowance within 30 days of an unsuccessful payment, you will be reverted to our £10 Big Bundle Standard Plan until you choose to switch back to Rolling plan as an existing customer.
  2. It is your responsibility to ensure your debit or credit card account has sufficient funds to pay for your Rolling plan and we shall not be responsible for any additional charges which may be imposed on you by your bank or card issuer.
  3. You can cancel your recurring card payment authorisation by giving notice to us in accordance with our standard Pay As You Go Service Terms.
  4. If your SIM remains unused for a continuous period of 6 months, your recurring card payment authorisation will be automatically cancelled and your SIM will be migrated to our £10 Big Bundle Standard Plan (until you choose to switch back to Rolling plan as an existing customer)

Above may help, @Chloe991133  - which means your £90 will draw down until the balance nears zero.

If you remain on the Big Bundle as mentioned above, you can then put your card details back in for the tariff to be switched back to a working rolling plan. You know your card works, so all can be done in your MyO2 - but O2 on 4445 can help if MyO2 plays up.

Nothing like Simplicity 🤣

Good luck, @Chloe991133.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147004 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Chloe991133 

You can't.

Rolling plans are from a registered card only.

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

You need to switch to a big bundle.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 14

pgn
  • 37270 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1699 Solutions

@Chloe991133 - Ah yes, that old chestnut, not easy to find in the links shared above, so, as per:  https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/rolling-plan-terms-and-conditions >>>>

Recurring Card Payment Authorisation

1. On your monthly renewal date, we will attempt to deduct payment from your registered payment card and if successful, the Rolling plan will automatically renew on your monthly renewal date and you will receive your new inclusive monthly allowances. If we cannot take payment from the card registered to your account, your Rolling plan will not renew. We will send you a notification by both text message and email using the email address you used to register on MyO2. Until you renew your Rolling plan by updating your registered payment card details with one that can successfully make payment, any calls, text messages, data or additional services you use will be deducted from any top-up credit balance you have at standard rates. To renew your Rolling plan, you will need to update your card details in order to reactivate it and receive the benefits associated with it. If you do not start a new Rolling plan allowance within 30 days of an unsuccessful payment, you will be reverted to our £10 Big Bundle Standard Plan until you choose to switch back to Rolling plan as an existing customer.
  2. It is your responsibility to ensure your debit or credit card account has sufficient funds to pay for your Rolling plan and we shall not be responsible for any additional charges which may be imposed on you by your bank or card issuer.
  3. You can cancel your recurring card payment authorisation by giving notice to us in accordance with our standard Pay As You Go Service Terms.
  4. If your SIM remains unused for a continuous period of 6 months, your recurring card payment authorisation will be automatically cancelled and your SIM will be migrated to our £10 Big Bundle Standard Plan (until you choose to switch back to Rolling plan as an existing customer)

Above may help, @Chloe991133  - which means your £90 will draw down until the balance nears zero.

If you remain on the Big Bundle as mentioned above, you can then put your card details back in for the tariff to be switched back to a working rolling plan. You know your card works, so all can be done in your MyO2 - but O2 on 4445 can help if MyO2 plays up.

Nothing like Simplicity 🤣

Good luck, @Chloe991133.

Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 147004 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

Quite clear to see:

Q. What's the difference between a Big Bundle and a Rolling plan?

A. Our Big Bundles and Rolling plan both give you an allowance for call minutes, texts, and data. With a Big Bundle, you top up each month, and we exchange the credit for your chosen Big Bundle.

With a Rolling plan, there’s no need to top up. You set up paying for your monthly allowance using your debit or credit card. Your monthly payment will be taken automatically, and your allowance will refresh. You can carry over up to 100% unused allowance, so you never lose out. You're in control and are free to change or stop your Rolling plan at any time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 14

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

You think it is clear to see but going by the number of posts on this topic it seems not.

I suspect the old PAYG top up system is ingrained in people and the rolling plan is too near to a 30 day rolling contract. That and a complete failure to read and understand Terms and Conditions 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 147004 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

That and a complete failure to read and understand Terms and Conditions 

Precisely that.

Lets face it, the same can be said for the majority of posts on here.

Message 6 of 14

pgn
  • 37270 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1699 Solutions

The gist of it is confusion, yes - but the way to deal with a build-up of credit is clearly spelled out in the link I shared, viz:

If we cannot take payment from the card registered to your account, your Rolling plan will not renew. We will send you a notification by both text message and email using the email address you used to register on MyO2. Until you renew your Rolling plan by updating your registered payment card details with one that can successfully make payment, any calls, text messages, data or additional services you use will be deducted from any top-up credit balance you have at standard rates. To renew your Rolling plan, you will need to update your card details in order to reactivate it and receive the benefits associated with it. If you do not start a new Rolling plan allowance within 30 days of an unsuccessful payment, you will be reverted to our £10 Big Bundle Standard Plan until you choose to switch back to Rolling plan as an existing customer. [And as a Big Bundle (BB) customer, the balance will be drawn down to fund a monthly £10 Standard BB, until you re-enter your card details, at which point it reverts back to a Rolling Plan.]

It is very confusing - but then again, even O2 themselves get confused by their Travel and Travel Inclusive bolt-ons (genuine travel-related bolt-ons) and International bolt-on (*not* a travel-related bolt-on!).

Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 147004 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

So the gist is.....

Rolling plans are from a registered card only.

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

You need to switch to a big bundle.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

Message 8 of 14

pgn
  • 37270 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1699 Solutions

Not quite:

Remove your credit/debit card info

Next payment attempt by O2 will fail

Your tariff will fall back to a Standard £10 Big Bundle

Adjust to the BB needed (eg £15, £20 etc as advised eg in MyO2 or by SMS to 21300 )

When the balance is down to less than the next renewal value, reapply card details - et voilà!

Simples, non?

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 147004 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

Hmmmm...

How do I manage, change or cancel my Rolling plan?

Once you've registered your Rolling plan phone number, you can manage, change or cancel by logging in to My O2. You can also view your payment history there.

and......

You can switch between Big Bundles and our other tariffs once a month by:

• Visiting My O2
  • Texting your new tariff code free to 21300
  • Calling 2202 free from your mobile

If you are part way through your current tariff month, your request to switch to a new tariff will take effect on your next renewal date.

You can switch to a Rolling plan by visiting My O2. We’ll look at how long your Bundle has left to go and use that to take some money off your first Rolling plan payment. So you can switch right away and don’t lose out.

Message 10 of 14