Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for my handset

Emma86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please can somebody help me, I’ve been paying £53 a month for the last two years for my iPhone contract. I recently found out my contract ended in November 2019 but I have continued to pay the £53 a month. I was under the impression that £53 is split into two, some for the device and some for the tariff is this correct? I’ve tried to talk to them to ask why I’ve been paying the same amount for the last six months despite paying off my handset back in November but they won’t answer my question they just keep offering me deals for an upgrade. Please tell me I’m not going crazy?
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Emma86 

Your handset is paid. You should ONLY be paying for the airtime.

You need to contact customer services and tell them

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Or upgrade to a sim only which will end your contract and leave you with a better deal.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Emma86
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I knew I wasn’t going crazy, thank you. I kept asking her the same thing and she wouldn’t answer my question. I might have to call back and ask to speak to somebody else!
Message 3 of 12

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @Emma86 

This only happens if you are on a Refresh plan brought directly from O2 (not a third party). You would have 2 seperate direct debits, one for device and one for airtime. After your contract term is over the direct debit for the device will automatically stop, and you woud just continue to pay the airtime. If you only have one direct debit you will not be on a Refresh plan therefore your price woud not have reduced. You can log onto My O2 and upgrade to a sim only plan to make it cheaper. 

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Hope this helps 

Stacey slight_smile 

signature
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Emma86 

That only applies to refresh contracts.

If you didn't buy directly from O2 you will be on a standard contract and will continue paying the same unless you upgrade. Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Emma86 

Or choose to UPGRADE to a sim only contract. This will end your current one

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals#deviceType=phone&contractLength=P12M 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Emma86 

Out of interest, where did you get your contract from?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Emma86
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok so this makes much more sense, if only the last on the phone would have told me that. She told me I was paying £20 a month for my handset. I believe I went through the **** gone warehouse. Thanks for your help, I understand it now!
Message 8 of 12

Emma86
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This makes sense now, if only I could have got the same answer on the phone. Thank you.
Message 9 of 12

Emma86
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Car phone warehouse*
Message 10 of 12