cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly phone not arriving/UKMail issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I paid on Friday for an early upgrade on my phone as mine hasn't been working properly for a while now. I chose Monday for delivery and received a text on Monday morning to say my phone would be delivered by UK Mail between 08:49 and 09:49, it didn't arrive, I phoned UK Mail 4 times to find out where it was and was told every time it would be with me within the next hour. By 7:30pm I decided to phone my nearest depot and see what I could find out, I was told a delivery had been attempted (Which isn't possible as my sofa is right by my front door) and it would be redelivered today, and because of the inconvenience it was upgraded to a 12pm delivery so I was guaranteed to have my parcel by 12. I had another text this morning to say my phone would be delivered between 09:21 and 10:21, it hasn't arrived, I've phoned the depot 3 times today to find out the problem and each time been told the driver who has my phone is in a no service area, since 11 this morning? I'm feeling a little bit stuck for what to do here because I basically have a £400 package in the hands of god knows who, unable to be reached and I've now spent two days sat waiting for it, I work nights and I can't possibly stay up for another day to wait for this phone, I'm having to borrow a phone just to phone these people because mine isn't working and I need a phone! What should I do? Are UK Mail known for being this difficult to deal with? I'm already paying for this contract and the fact that I ordered it 4 days ago and can't use it is starting to annoy me. Hope someone can help! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I consider myself to be very lucky that I've never had a problem with UK Mail in the dozens of deliveries that I've had from them. One of the problems is that some of the drivers are outsourced and work on a self employed basis.

Invariably with the hundreds of deliveries each day problems will arise and a large part is down to driver apathy, they don't care that some people have to take time away from work for a scheduled delivery or wait in all day. It is up to O2 to sort this out for you though.

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's here, and is, as predicted, bigger than my head slight_smile

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news. 😄

Lol bigger than your head !!
Message 13 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Glad it's finally arrived for you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It's here, and is, as predicted, bigger than my head slight_smile

LOL Well at least you can get your tiny head down on that pillow and get some sleep before another night shift.....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 15