cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go tariff swap.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a sim a few weeks ago, received an email yesterday that if I topped it up I would get £20 free, I used to be on o2 but have recently finished a contract with Tesco, so my new phone didn't support the old sim (hence why I ordered a new one) I contacted the Guru's online, they told me I could put my old tariff onto the new sim along with any remaining credit. They did this whilst I was chatting to them, it all went through straight away, including the extra credit from my old sim, I topped up at this point, again everything was fine, I had a balance of £15.67 (67p from my old sim) along with unlimited texts and 500mb data (this is my old tariff and i get to keep any credit I topped up with on top), the £20 extra at this time hadn't been received but the Guru adviced me it would still go on fine.. I left the chat, 10 minutes or so later my new sim went to emeregency calls only, and trying to check Myo2 app it told me I now had £0 and 0 texts/data. Again I contacted the Gurus, i was then told there had been an error in the system and it would re-active itself fine within 4 hours.... 12 hours later it activated, but again my credit was £0 and my text/web was also 0.. I contacted once more they then told me the Text & Web had taken the £15 (this wasn't the case because the old tariff doesn't take the credit, and wouldn't make sense for the extra missing 67p) so the Guru did whatever they did, and I was re-credited with the £15.67 but I still had 0 text/web.. I explained this and also explained about the extra £20, they said they couldn't see anything but to contact the o2 Customer Services, I contacted these, but they've also been no help?.. 😞 I dunno what to do? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks I'll try again later to ring, just don't feel comfortable talking on the phone, and I was getting in a pickle last time.. No way of e-mailing them so I was hoping there would be o2 support here 😞 or someone who maybe had a similar experience.. 

Yours is quite a unique experience though ...as you had moved tariffs and had credit outstanding.

Re ringing them again ...as you don't feel comfortable speaking on the phone...just make yourself a list of the main points you want to get across. (This is what I do when I have a complicated issue I want to resolve) Be firm and if you get a good advisor it should be sorted.

Remember they should have all your contacts on record so they should know what your issue is...

Best of luck with it wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry to hear of your problem but we are all customers like yourself and have no access to your account. You can only ring O2 again and speak to Customer services. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus Please do not use Live Chat to resolve this for you...make sure you speak to an advisor

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I'll try again later to ring, just don't feel comfortable talking on the phone, and I was getting in a pickle last time.. No way of e-mailing them so I was hoping there would be o2 support here 😞 or someone who maybe had a similar experience.. 

Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yours is quite a unique experience though ...as you had moved tariffs and had credit outstanding.

Re ringing them again ...as you don't feel comfortable speaking on the phone...just make yourself a list of the main points you want to get across. (This is what I do when I have a complicated issue I want to resolve) Be firm and if you get a good advisor it should be sorted.

Remember they should have all your contacts on record so they should know what your issue is...

Best of luck with it wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4