cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly -Non Payment phone restrictions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm just wondering that when a bill isn't paid I know you can't send texts or make calls, but how lonf after the bill is overdue,does it take for incoming calls and texts to be barred too? I'm just wondering as my BF is waiting on an important call, and I've tried to call him and it says "it has not been possible to connect your call, please try again later" instead of answee phone which is always on. I'm not sure if its a service problem or his phones been blocked due to non payment. Due you recieve a text if this happens? I just want to make sure he is aware of the situation.
Thanks for any answers you can give me.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27699 Solutions
"Usually" you can still call 202 so might be worth trying to check (when they're open) or try using Live Chat, they can at least tell you the account status......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If his phone has been barred due to a non payment, he needs to pay the bill as soon as possible so O2 can reconnect him. Also I think there a small reconnection fee.
Also I think he would get a text from O2 saying he's bill is overdue. Tell him to check in myo2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

The network would try all firms of contact with the account holder to establish payment before starting to first curb access to the account eventually turning it off.

If he has not paid then as said he needs to make that payment to re access his service.

Has he tried to make an outgoing call or text ?
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27699 Solutions
Sounds like it's blocked to me, unfortunately 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
We knew outgoings were blocked, its the incomings that Im not sure about. Never rains but it pours 😞 I just hope he is aware since, the call is about money... Ironic. Sigh
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

He would have been notified that his service was going to be terminated. It wouldn't just be cut off without that. If he hasn't paid the bill, both incoming and outgoing calls and texts will cease.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27699 Solutions
"Usually" you can still call 202 so might be worth trying to check (when they're open) or try using Live Chat, they can at least tell you the account status......

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or ring them from a landline.

From a landline 0844 809 0202 > 5p / min
Message 8 of 8