Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly Discount Suddenly Stopped.

Anno78
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi everyone.

For the last four months I have been getting a discount of £14.67 off my pay monthly tariff, but this month it has suddenly stopped, causing my bill to rocket to £40.30.  This has come as a shock as I was told that the only increase I would see would be be the annual VAT.

Does anyone know what has happened?

(I've tried using help on the O2 site, but haven't got anywhere, and my next opportunity to go into a shop is either Friday or Monday)

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You need to check the offer when you selected the phone

Possibly a limited offer of discount reverting to full price after 4 months?

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You need to check the offer when you selected the phone

Possibly a limited offer of discount reverting to full price after 4 months?

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 5

Anno78
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks jonsie, I'll try those numbers.  If it hadn't been for my Consultant taking until 3:47pm to ring for a 10am telephone appointment, I'd have gone into an O2 shop today to ask someone in person.

The change has come as a shock, especially as I'm a part-time worker and I was informed when I changed my tariff (to Unlimited) that the discount would last until I decided to change my tariff again.

I wonder who else has discovered this increase in their bill?

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anno78
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Update:  rang 202 earlier.  According to the system the tariff discount (which was 50%) ended July 20th after 6 months.  As I was informed by the staff at my local o2 shop that the tariff was permanent (12 months before rolling over), I have to sort it out instore.  Agreements made in shop should be honoured.

So roll on Friday.

Message 5 of 5