Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Month in Advance for tariff change

Hdavey17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m confused. I bill is usually due 21st of month. I’m looking to change tariff so I get more Data (6gb to 8gb). I’ve been told I can do this now 8 days before next bill is due. Then my bill due 21st will be old tariff pro rata/new tariff pro rata, which I understand. But in addition I will have to pay an extra £22 for a month in advance? I don’t understand why? That means my May bill will be practically double, which doesn’t sound right....or have I got something really simple, really wrong.....help?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Live chat get it wrong time and time again. They are not fully trained O2 advisers and do not have access to all O2's systems. Some of them have difficulty with the English language and use Google translate or some other method of conveying their first language into English. They were originally intended as a way of easing the load off customer service and waiting times. Now O2 prefer to offer live chat as a first point of contact without training them sufficiently.

The regulars on here know that. which is why we say you are better off speaking on 202 for anything that needs changing on your account. You speak and most things can be done immediately for you. This, rather than a live chat adviser emailing someone in the UK if they can be bothered or they don't forget, is our advice. Live chat are sometimes dealing with two, three or even more chats at the same time. This is quite obvious with the delays in their responses when I have used chat.

Now whether you want to  want to argue that live chat should be doing what they say they will is not in doubt. We couldn't agree more but we are not O2. Just customers like yourself passing on our experiences.

If you want to take this further then your complaint and expectations should really be addressed directly to O2 using the links provided on here. O2 will listen to you, maybe make some sort of goodwill gesture.Whether they will change things? Unlikely...

Message 11 of 11