cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing my iPhone 4 to my husband

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are both Pay Monthly customers who are about to renew our 24-month contracts, I want an iPhone 5 and he absolutely doesn't want an android phone any longer (he's got a Sony Experia at the moment).  He knows I've been really happy with my iPhone and had no trouble with it, it's also in very good condition.  Will O2 let him take over my iPhone 4 and continue paying a low tarrif? Or will they insist he purchases a new phone?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93990 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

No he can just pop his sim into the phone and carry on his present contract. This will just continue on a 30 day rolling contract until he wants to upgrade. He will however have to get a correct sized sim card from the local O2 store. They will arrange the number and tariff transfer which can take anything from 5 minutes to 24 hours. He will just need to change his data bolt on to idata.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93990 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

No he can just pop his sim into the phone and carry on his present contract. This will just continue on a 30 day rolling contract until he wants to upgrade. He will however have to get a correct sized sim card from the local O2 store. They will arrange the number and tariff transfer which can take anything from 5 minutes to 24 hours. He will just need to change his data bolt on to idata.

Message 2 of 2