cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC codes/problem with order

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try keep this brief.

Been on O2 PAYG for at least 13 years & know my number offhand don't want to change it. I wanted to buy the new One Plus 3 phone which is either buy direct from One Plus or the only network in the UK to sell it was O2, looked into different options & was convinced by O2 to swap to a contract (£14 pm for the phone interest free then £18 pm for the contract = £32 pm total) which I was happy to do.

Ordered it online on 29th September for next day delivery, got on screen confirmation BUT the name on the confirmation was incorrect - I had put my name on it when I placed the order & no idea who this person was so I contacted O2 straight away. Was told no problem, they will change the name to mine as it was a glitch in the system & my phone should be with me next day.

I have had NO email/text with order confirmation on it at all, I'm glad I screenshot the online confirmation otherwise I wouldn't even have an order number. Next day came no phone arrived, contact O2 again to be told it's been passed to Credit Referrals Team due to the name change, they would be in touch within 10 days & sort it all out. I have been in touch with every customer service team available telling me a different thing each time, - it's been cancelled so I need to reorder, it's still on it's way & will be with me next day, I need to wait for credit referrals to get in touch etc etc! 3 weeks later still no phone, no contact, get fobbed off when I contact O2 via different methods.I did try reorder it when told by customer services to do so but it was declined - been told this was due to the issue with the original order still showing at my address.

I have today gone direct to One Plus & ordered the phone with them, there is a back log on orders but will be with me no later than 10th November - if O2 had simply said there was a stock shortage I would have held on but it's the constant getting fobbed off with excuses that have really annoyed me.

Virgin are doing a sim only deal for £8 a month which is more than enough for what I need, ordered the sim with them should be here tomorrow. I have some credit left on my O2 PAYG sim which I will use up in an old phone, put new Virgin sim in my phone that I'm using at moment til new phone arrives - seems straight forward enough I think? Once my credit is all gone I want to transfer my O2 number to Virgin & will need a PAC code - how easy is this to do? I am dreading it after all the problems I've had with O2 lately. Nothing they can say or do now is going to convince me to stay with them so just want the code from them.

I still have no idea if the order I placed with O2 is going ahead, although no money has left my bank yet for the contract. I just want confirmation that the entire order is cancelled without any charges to myself.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

To get your PAC is really simple, call 202 and ask for it. They last 30 days.

You do however need to make sure your order isn't going through, again it's chasing it up with CS on 202 (don't use live chat for these issues), and if I were you I'd make a complaint at the same time, follow this link: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

To get your PAC is really simple, call 202 and ask for it. They last 30 days.

You do however need to make sure your order isn't going through, again it's chasing it up with CS on 202 (don't use live chat for these issues), and if I were you I'd make a complaint at the same time, follow this link: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spoken with CS this morning to be told I need to wait for credit referrals team to get back in touch, when asked how long this will take they said it should have been within 10 days of 29th September which I pointed out it's been more than that & reply was they can't do anything until that team have been in touch. I asked if the order was indeed cancelled or not to be told they can't access it until credit referrals have looked at it.

If I ask for the PAC code today I don't need to give it to Virgin til my O2 credit has almost run out do I? Is that the number to contact them from PAYG or contract phones? Thank you

P.S Thank you for the complaints page, I will be putting a complaint in as this is ridiculous.

Message 3 of 9

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

If I were you, I'd get a complaint put in asap by following the link I've given you. This should hopefully sort out the outstanding order issue. You could also give the CEO a quick email to register your dissatisfaction, a quick Google will get you the email address. (We're not allowed to give it out here)

Also, keep a close eye on your bank account in case 02 start billing you for that contract. 

I'm really sorry you're experiencing such a shambles from 02, but following the complaints procedure is definitely the way to go atm. I'd also keep on calling up 202 if you can possibly bare to, and keep a record of the calls.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my banks app on my phone & check it 3-4 times a day for various reasons so will know instantly if they try take any money out, if they do my bank will be contacted to claim it back straight away & O2 will get a rather curt call from me again.

I am just googling the CEO now, I don't think I'm being unreasonable to have expected some kind of reply/action to have been taken by now about this order - am I?

Message 5 of 9

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Apologies I forgot to add. For payg CS it's 4445 and for contracts it's 202 @Anonymous

Edit: No you're not being unreasonable at all, I hope u get the problem solved as it must be hugely frustrating. Let us know how things pan out as the thread will hopefully help someone else who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Your PAC is valid for 30 days from when you receive it. The process of porting your number will only happen when you give your PAC to Virgin, so you can use your O2 P&G credit up until that point. Once you give Virgin your PAC and they start the process, your O2 sim will no longer work and your Virgin sim should activate with the number you have ported. The Virgin sim will come with a new number, but if Virgin do the port properly there shouldn't be a problem with your number porting to them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email sent to complaints & CEO, let's see how long they take to get in touch. Had confirmation that my Virgin sim is on it's way so hopefully that will arrive tomorrow.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
10 working days for complaints to respond (doesn't include weekends).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9