Did you mean: 

Order a new SIM card

strudders888
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi o2 community

I upgraded to the iPhone Pro max a few weeks ago online and o2 asked me if I wanted a new SIM card which I pressed no

Since then I've read the iPhone Pro max needs the new SIM card to work much faster,is this true and if so how do I now order a new SIM card as o2 are not answering the phones over covid only answering emergencies and I have visited my o2 both online and via my o2 app and there is nowhere I can request a new SIM card

Would be grateful if anyone can help me

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi,

Apple aren't on 5G at the moment, so it could be that they were offering you a 4g sim card in case you have a sim that's older? Pop into any o2 store and get a sim swap to a 4g sim card .

Hope that helps.

signature

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I would imagine that this means a 5G sim card, which might be faster if you are in a 5G area.
If not, then you would get 4G as you do now.
If you have to have one, then call customer services on the normal number and ask for one - or pop into your local shop and get one.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

O2Sophie
  • 233 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Hi,

Apple aren't on 5G at the moment, so it could be that they were offering you a 4g sim card in case you have a sim that's older? Pop into any o2 store and get a sim swap to a 4g sim card .

Hope that helps.

signature
Message 3 of 5

strudders888
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Mark for your advice
Message 4 of 5

strudders888