cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online chat unavailable?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So trying to cancel one of my contracts with O2, been in touch earlier in Jan and was asked to contact again on end of contract date (5th Feb).

Jumped online to have a chat and get it sorted but suddnely the online chat is no longer working and comes up with this message:

"We're just checking to see if there's an available agent."

Been happening now for 2 days...............

At the moment I'd rather use chat due to loss of voice, hence why I try to use the live chat.

I have a friend who used it yesterday, so my question is what is wrong with the chat?

It would seem now that because I haven't contacted O2 on the date I was asked too, they will charge me another months worth (30 day cancellation notice), to say that I am not happy is an understatement, especially when it would seem that I have been blocked from using live chat.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Help and all options for cancelling here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
If you really do wish to persevere with chat, try a different browser or clear cache and cookies from your current one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Live chat is working for me. I'm using Chrome. Have you  tried clearing cache and cookies or a different browser?

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done all this.

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Your only 2 choices appear to be writing a letter or waiting until your voice returns, unless you can give your security words to someone else to call for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Well as you can see from this screen shot at the time on the notification bar I've got straight through again so it is available

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Looks like you got through to complaints there @jonsie

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Always the way to go but it ain't easy to find now.

wrote:
Looks like you got through to complaints there @jonsie

Message 9 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear that you didn't get through to Live Chat earlier. Have you had any progress with this since you last posted?

Message 10 of 11