cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One plus 3t as new

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a an upgrade as new one plus 3t

Unlike the I phones no charger, now no doubt somewhere there is something thats says this but

• Without a charger not much use as its not an any charger will do but a specific dash charger high current not over-voltage
  • The i phone is also its own thing and they are apparently sent out with the  charger so the response"we cant send chargers out with as new phones" isnt the case
  • Despite supplying the phone guess what? O2 dont have  3t chargers to sell you you have to go to one + and pay £16.00  when they have stock.

In the light of this should it not be made very clear that you are, until you get from the manufacturer, the correct charger you are buying a nice paperweight ?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Any standard micro USB charger will charge the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Any standard micro USB charger will charge the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10252 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

It clearly states that it doesnt come with a charger: (found half way down the page).

Does my phone come with a charger and accessories?

O2 is working to try and reduce waste. And as 70% of people already have a USB charger at home, we've decided to not include one with your phone. If you do need a charger you can add one after choosing your tariff. If you’re buying an iPhone, you’ll get a USB charger and sim pin, but you won’t get headphones or a wall plug. O2 does not make money from selling the charger separately.

The 3T charges with any USB Charger, so not sure why its a paperweight.. 

If you want a charger in future buy a brand new one simples...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
O2 haven't been supplying charges with 90% of phones, new or otherwise, since around 2012.
It shouldn't be any surprise to anyone anymore.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
The dash charge comes bundled with new handsets. But not returns, and they aren't cheap from OnePlus direct. It's a great to have, but wouldn't buy one. The standard USB does the job. In fact, my dash did in the living room and doesn't get much action. I use standard USB at night.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any usb charger will not do if you want to use one of the phones best features fast charge and I would bet that the gtee would be declared void if a non gen charger was used
and you cannot "add one after choosing your tariff" because 02 dont sell them
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144772 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
The whole point of USB is that it is "universal".
Any USB charger will change the phone safely so you can use it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7