Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number porting has not worked

antonypg
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I recently purchased an iPhone 5C from O2 on a pay monthly contract. The phone worked perfectly, until I had a Tesco phone number from a previous phone ported to it. I received a PAC code from Tesco, gave it to O2, and on the 7th of May the transfer went through. The new iPhone now connects to O2-UK, with 5 out of 5 bars, but with no data and no voice. I cannot make or receive calls.

I have visited an O2 store twice, spoken to advisors on the phone twice, and done online chat about 5 times. The O2 staff in the shop proved the phone was OK by trying a different SIM. The O2 shop also replaced the SIM just in case it was faulty, no difference.

I was told in shop and on the phone that it appears the number ported over has been blocked. Both O2 and Tesco say that they didnt block it, there is nothing wrong with my O2 account.

What do I do next????

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Must be frustrating when some thing like using a PAC code should be seamless.

Message 11 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

It sounds really strange and I have to say a rare problem (not that it helps you in any way) 😞
Surely CS can see if there is anything wrong with the account?
I can only guess that something went wrong during the porting process but I am hopefull that CS will sort it for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 28

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Sorry to hear about this antonypg!

Please follow MI5's advice and contact customer service once more, explaining that you are struggling to find a clean-cut answer. If you still have issues after that, send me a private message and I'll see what can be done

I'm Toby, the O2 Community Coordinator slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 28

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Still havent heard from anyone, havent received anything in the post. I guess I will have to go into the O2 store (yet again!) and see if anyone there can help me.

I have been told twice that the number is blocked, but I dont know who to contact about this problem. I am worried that if I phone the O2 help line I will just get asked all the same questions and get nowhere.

I was offered a new iPhone and new SIM, do you think that O2 would check to see that they work correctly on the ported number before they send it out?

Message 14 of 28

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
A store will only direct you to CS.
CS are the only ones that can sort this for you but I suggest you PM Toby and ask him to help as seems to be a strange issue.
A new phone and sim won't help if it is an account block.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 28

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I will try the O2 store tonight after work just to get them to confirm my fault, a staff member at the Uxbridge store originally checked the iPhone and replaced the SIM and then informed me that it looked like the number was blocked. If I get nowhere then I will phone CS again.

When I spoke to CS last they put me through to Tesco just to confirm that they hadn't blocked the number. Tesco say that they haven't. As the number has now been transferred to O2 surely they can unblock it???

Message 16 of 28

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
You would think so.....
If it is blocked it was either O2 or Tesco that blocked it so between them they should be able to figure it out.
My suspicion is that the porting has just got "stuck" and needs a manual intervention to push it along to completion.
Message 17 of 28

antonypg
  • 19 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just a bit annoying that I have no idea if the porting team are looking into it. I will try CS again tonight.

Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
We can only but sympathise with the situation and understand the frustration.

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 19 of 28

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi antonypg, I've answered your PM FYI.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 20 of 28