Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2/travel

Kwataon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am travelling outside of Europe and when I switched my phone on I received a text message stating that I was signed a to o2.co.uk/travel at 5 GBP per day. I switched the phone off as I was only using an app but now see I’ve been charged 5 pounds to receive one text message. How do I switch this off and get my money back from 02?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Kwataon All info re O2 travel here.Charges are country and tariff dependent

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Just to add....O2 Travel is available on Pay Monthly. 120 minutes, 120 texts and data for £4.99 a day.

Please read the whole thread and you will be able to see the full range of charges

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Kwataon All info re O2 travel here.Charges are country and tariff dependent

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Just to add....O2 Travel is available on Pay Monthly. 120 minutes, 120 texts and data for £4.99 a day.

Please read the whole thread and you will be able to see the full range of charges

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You need to contact customer service on the free number on link to switch off travel http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Kwataon

The reason why you will have been charged the £4.99 charge is not for receiving the sms, they are free to receive world wide.  But the use of Data.  Unless you had Roaming switched of by default, as soon as you connect to a foreign network you will have also used data.

you mentioned that that you used the app, this uses data to get info back.

Even if you were connected to WIFi.  It still uses data in the background before getting the connection.

o2 may give you the refund, but that will be up to them.  But I bet the Data was the cause

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Almost certainly @darrengf and customer service can see how long the data connection lasted. If it was a very short while and data was not used again for the rest of travel they are more likely to refund.

Message 5 of 5