Did you mean: 

O2 travel in the newly added countries - pay and go

Ed3925
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm new to the forum because O2 is not my main network - I just have a spare pay as you go SIM.

I see that quite a number of new countries will be added to O2 Travel.  At the moment, pay as you go customers can opt into O2 Travel to get 100 MB of data in the EU for £1.99/day (calls and texts not included).

Will O2 customers who are not on a contract be able to get 100 MB/day for £3.99 in Turkey and £4.99 elsewhere?  The website is very unclear about this.  I'm unsure whether the additional countries with higher charges apply to contract customers only.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ed3925 O2 Travel is available for contract and PAYG customers. Here is the specific link for PAYG http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-data-roaming-charges-and-o2-travel-terms-an...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Ed3925

Have you seen this link about the extension to O2 Travel? http://www.o2.co.uk/o2travelupdate?cm_mmc=sms-_-06028service-_-A000993983-_-findoutmore-_-06028

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As far as we know, the same PAYG terms will apply to the new countries too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Ed3925
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff

I've seen it, but it only mentions pay monthly contract customers.  The thing is, a watered down version of O2 Travel is already available to pay and go customers in the EU, but the website doesn't say a thing about whether pay as go customers can get any deals in the 30 new countries.

Message 4 of 10

Ed3925
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5

I really hope it is.  Do you have a link to further information about this on the website?  I couldn't find a thing.

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Ed3925 O2 Travel is available for contract and PAYG customers. Here is the specific link for PAYG http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-data-roaming-charges-and-o2-travel-terms-an...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ed3925 wrote:

Thanks @MI5

I really hope it is.  Do you have a link to further information about this on the website?  I couldn't find a thing.

No specific link for new PAYG terms, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Ed3925
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys.

I'm hoping the deal will include 100 MB/day for pay and go customers in the newly added countries, but it might not do - it could be less (Vodafone's equivalent travel option provides 25 MB/day in a similar range of non-EU countries, whereas EE offer a range of rather pricey data add ons).  Apart from the small range of Feel at Home countries, Three UK's roaming rates for non-EU countries are eye-wateringly high. 

Although the deal is not especially cheap for non-EU locations, it is a great deal less expensive than certain other networks.

Looking at Cape Verde for example, O2 will be charging £4.99 per day...

Three UK are charging a shocking £6 per MB.

Message 8 of 10

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Current O2 Travel states that it is free to answer calls.

The new O2 Travel coverage states that there is 120 minutes to make and receive calls. I am still thinking about which SIM I should use mainly for roaming.

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
If it costs me £4.50 for 120 minutes of calls back to the UK then that's good value. However, I call the UK once a week for maybe 15 minutes in which case its of little value to me unless data speed is good.
I have both contract and P&G sims but I'm happy using a local sim card and TU to call friends and family.
It totally depends on your usage and needs.... and obviously costs when comparing networks.
Message 10 of 10