Did you mean: 

O2 to O2 but with a new provider - how do I keep my number

em9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

My handset and airtime contract have both expired with O2, I'm now just rolling on paying for airtime on a monthly basis.

I've bought a new handset and signed up for a new O2 contract with Mobiles.co.uk. Will my current phone number migrate automatically or do I have to do something to make sure my current phone number stays with me?

I've read loads of FAQs but they all relate to leaving one network and moving to another - it's almost like I am trying to do something which is impossible but in reality must happen all the time. 

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@em9 

Your old contract will continue until you call customer service and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract.

This will then end the old one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@em9 

Your old contract will continue until you call customer service and ask them to migrate your number to the new contract.

This will then end the old one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

em9
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pefect, thank you. I will ask them to migrate the number then rather than port it.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, that's it @em9 slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Have done this a few times.
As advised, call customer services and give them the details.
Please be patient as they are really busy at the minute, and there are lots of people reporting issues transferring numbers so there may also be a delay there.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5